We finally have an integrated model with fixed interactions, a welcoming splash screen, and cleaned up meshes! We hope you've enjoyed watching our project develop!
This week we tested our VR experience with fellow students and collected some feedback. Many people were thrilled with our experience, especially because there is currently no virtual experience of Cal Poly's campus. Most were amazed with the realistic feel of the build of Dexter building. For the final deadline, we will update our project with these responses in mind. Here is some of the feedback we've collected and plan to implement changes based on:
- missing geometry and triangulated mesh
- too many students, and students all look the same
- model offset from blueprints (fix the issues of entering rooms through walls/lockers)
- not always intuitive what to do, or what the goal is (maybe add a splash screen in the beginning saying "explore")
- collision glitches
- not intuitive which doors to enter (maybe add arrows to the ground leading to interesting destinations)
Poly Path is designed and developed by five Cal Poly students completing their Computing for Interactive Arts minors.